Tuesday 18 February 2020

Hot-Chocolate-Free for a Year

Celebratory fireworks
High-five me!

I did it!!

Today marks Day 366 of freedom from my hot-chocolate addiction.

I tell ya, there were some days in the beginning where I thought I'd never make it... Seriously. Cause I had tried to kick the habit soooo many times in the past and always failed.

And yet... here we are...

My Kryptonite...
Starbucks hot chocolate
To be truthful, as this date was approaching, I had toyed with the idea of having a celebratory hot chocolate today but... as I sit here... I wonder, why would I do that to myself?

It would be like playing a Snakes and Ladders game and, just as I land on Square 100... a trapdoor opens and I find a snake head there... and schwoooopppp... I'm right back to Square 1 or Square 20 or whatever...

Nah... not willing to go there.

I'd be trading 20 or 30 minutes of blissful sipping for... possibly hours/days/weeks/months of regret and struggle.

So I'll sit here with my nose a few inches from the screen and virtually have a sip of this hot chocolate and... that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment