Wednesday 1 March 2023

What I Let Go during Week 1 of the 30 Day Minimalism Game

Alright!!! Let's get this on!!! The first week off the 30 Day Minimalism Game... started off easy peasy... but by the end of it... I can already see that Week 2 is going to be a challenge! Let's see what I let go of this week...

Day 1

First up... a Phase 10 dice game. We love Phase 10 the card game!! But I always said we should be able to play it like Yahtzee... where you have a list of hands you are trying to get and you just check them off. So, when I saw this dice game... I thought it was that. But it wasn't... and we have played this at all since I saw it in a thrift store. Sooo... bye bye! Back to the thrift store it goes!

Day 2

Love to use the NeilMed sinus rinse bottles  but... after a while they get old and these have been cluttering up our kitchen cupboard for a while. Time to let two old ones go!

 Day 3

And some more games! We love UNO and so when I saw UNO Remix and DOS in a thrift store... I thought... ooh... that will be fun!!! Nope. We couldn't get into DOS at all. And we are just happy with the regular UNO. So these can also go. And the Tetris Speed game was fun with my niece for a few games but it gets a bit old... so it can go too. 

Day 4

 Yep. Puzzles!!! The stack of 3 are ones that I have completed recently and am going to sell on Marketplace. The tall box is one I picked up for free at my Mom's senior's complex. The box doesn't have a lid... the puzzle looks brutally hard and... you know what... going to give it away for free!!

 Day 5

After picking the low hanging fruit... it's starting to get a bit more challenging.  First up, a Roll your Puzzle kit. I got it at a thrift store and never use it... so it can go to Marketplace. A pack of blue envelopes... also never used. The box to my fountain pen. It's such a NICE box but... it can go. A stack of Thank You cards that we were going to use for the Airbnb but there is a hole in the upper flap that makes it unsuitable for what we need to write. And... finally... a spare desktop power cable cord... All gone!
 

 Day 6

Right then... this might seem a bit chintzy... but... we have three empty boxes from various little gadgets. Again... they are such nice boxes but... they can go. Then two charges for rechargeable batteries. I used to use these all the time for one of my cameras but... batteries have moved on. They can go as well. Plus 2 accordion folders that just sit around and are never used... also gone!


Day 7

Now... you might think that I was a bit chintzy with my items for Day 6. But I'm doing better today. A stack of old cheque books... the ones that have carbon copies in them. One notebook... 1 stack of old CD disks (seeeeee... there are like 8 of them, but I am counting them as 1 thing). Then some sheets of plastic protectors for my old iPod Nano... don't know why I kept them sooo long! A pile of old recyclable batteries. And then a whole stack of little bits of paper and business cards and just old random things that have been cluttering up one of my tins. Finally, some of the training material from when I worked the last federal election (2020?). Gone!
 

Sooo... not so bad. I was hoping to let go of some bigger things but you know what... start small. It's all about small steps! I might regret lumping all those CDs into one item later (and those batteries) but... hey... going to give it my best shot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment