Saturday 12 August 2023

Virtual Camino Update

I am still inching my way along the virtual camino managing about 3 km a day with our mid-day walk. I passed the 60% mark a month or so ago (screenshot is from July 13).

When I first started this virtual Camino via The Conqueror Challenge... I had had high hopes of managing 10 km or so a day with several walks but... that was overly ambitious! Unlike on the real Camino, where all you need to do is focus on walking... here at home, real life sticks its busy nose into everything!

And it's OK... I need to cut myself some slack which I'm not always good at. But this is good practice in just letting things be and not getting my knickers tied up in a knot about how I am "failing". 

I am just inching along... and inchworms do eventually get places. It just takes a bit longer. This is not a race, nor is it urgent. 

So chill... relax... enjoy the ride and let the pressure go. I tend to have super high standards but the self-induced pressure can turn unhealthy very quickly.

As I write this in mid-July, I'm heading over to Vancouver next week and am hoping that I'll get a bunch of longer walks in there. So I might make a few jack-rabbit bursts towards my goal!

I did receive another virtual postcard a while back when I hit the 50% mark. It was from a monastery turned Hotel, in CarriĆ³n de los Condes. I had a look online, and the monastery cloisters look like something straight out of Harry Potter.


And... when I hit the 60% mark, they planted another tree for me! That's 2 trees so far... I hope the little guys are doing OK and will actually grow to maturity.


No comments:

Post a Comment